Acceptable Use Policy
The purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy is to help protect Hubris Communications, Inc., its customers and the Internet community as a whole from irresponsible and perhaps illegal behavior. This policy non-exclusively specifies actions which are prohibited by Hubris Communications, Inc., while you are using its network. Hubris Communications, Inc., reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at this URL: http://www.hubris.net/policies/aup.html.
Violation of these policies shall be grounds for immeadiate closure of the account used to violate the policy and any other accounts held by customer at the time of the violation.
Hubris Communications, Inc., network may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, as well as material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, junk mail, commercial advertising, and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site. Users may not use another site's mail server with or without permission in order to promote services hosted by Hubris Communications by means of unsolicited mail messages.
Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting). Hubris Communications, Inc., accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this policy or that of the other provider.
System and Network Security
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Hubris Communications, Inc., will investigate and may involve (and will cooperate with) law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized use or forging of mail header information (i.e. "spoofing").
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (i.e., "cracking").
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system, and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
Distributing/Reselling the Service
You may not lease, rent, transfer, distribute, or resell the Service or any portion of it, whether for a fee or otherwise.
You may not use the Service to compete, with Hubris Communications, Inc., or promote products and/or services which compete with Hubris Communications, Inc.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A HUBRIS COMMUNICATIONS, INC., CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER'S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.
All complaints regarding violations of this agreement should be sent to email@example.com.